Did you want a shot at the Starhawk Beta to get your chance to battle and build but didn’t get yourself in on the beta. Well now you longer need too. The Starhawk Beta opened to all in the US today and is available to download from the PSN store and will be available to those of us in the EU from tomorrow.
If you are a Starhawk virgin and are looking for some tips, check out these handy hints from the playstation blog
General Starhawk Beta Tips
- Kill to build, build to kill. Kill enemies to get more Rift Energy to build more stuff to kill more enemies.
- Shoot glowing Rift barrels to collect more Rift Energy.
- Do not repeatedly build the same structures. Things like Garages or Launch Pads allow you to create new vehicles without building a new structure.
- If you stay in the vicinity of your base area and Rift Extractor you will auto-magically collect Rift energy.
- Each structure does something specific. Discover its purpose!
- Most all the structures have a glowing yellow panel. If you go up to one, you will be prompted to either create a new vehicle or remove the building. Removing repeated buildings is a great way to ease the strain on your structure cap.
- Use mics for the best experience….and sometimes to learn a few new words.
- Pick your Skill wisely. You can also change them during a match during respawn. Remember that you need enough XP points and the listed prerequisite for a Skill to unlock.